Middle School Teacher – Science and Social Studies | 2022-23
AHB Community School, an independent, progressive K-8 school in central Austin, is looking for an experienced teacher to join our middle school team. Ideal candidate will have background in science and/or social studies.
At AHB kids love to come to school each day and parents are our biggest fans. Passionate teachers collaborate closely with their peers to implement creative and meaningful ways to challenge students academically while supporting their social-emotional growth. A low student-teacher ratio means teachers succeed in meeting student needs. A condensed weekly and yearly schedule encourages a better work-life balance for both students and staff.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field, at least 2 years of classroom teaching or related experience.
Preferred: Master’s Degree, current teacher’s license (or equivalent); experience in progressive education school settings.
- Design and implement quality instruction that encourages students to be actively engaged in the learning process. Our integrated, thematic curriculum model values hands-on learning and creative problem solving.
- Create and maintain a positive classroom environment with a high regard for social-emotional learning that ensures growth and engagement for all students.
- Differentiate instruction and employ a variety of progressive teaching methods to ensure optimal learning for all students and meet the needs of students with a variety of learning styles and skill levels.
- Collaborate with co-teachers to plan integrated &/or interdisciplinary units that support the instructional objectives of all curricular areas.
- Collaborate and communicate with students, parents, colleagues, and administrators to ensure a high level of learning for all students, support the home to school connection, and foster positive community relationships.
- Use AHB curriculum guidelines and assessment models to guide curriculum and instructional decisions; maintain accurate, up-to-date records and communicate results to students, parents, and appropriate others in a timely manner with regard to student progress and performance.
- Perform professional duties efficiently, manage resources effectively, and meet deadlines set by the school.
Reports to: Head of School
Contract, Duty, and Compensation:
Full-time annual contract, school year Aug-May (34 weeks of student attendance); 4-day school week (M-Th); salary dependent on experience, benefits include stipend for health insurance and retirement matching.
Please send your résumé, references, and a one-page educational philosophy that helps describe your interest in AHB Community School to email@example.com.
Posting Closing Date:
July 13, 2022
AHB is committed to workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, or gender expression.