AHB Community School is a fantastic place to work for educators interested in progressive and innovative curriculum, philosophy, and community. Our low student:teacher ratio, co-teaching format, and bend toward social justice within an inquiry-based learning environment is ideal for those educators who understand, accept, and want to find solutions for the challenges of learning in the 21st Century.
Middle School Teacher / Math Specialist | 2020-21
AHB Community School (http://www.ahbcs.org), an independent, progressive K-8 school in Austin, TX, is looking for an experienced middle school teacher, ideally with specialization in mathematics. For the right candidate, we have flexibility to make this a FULL TIME or PART TIME (morning) position.
At AHB kids love to come to school each day and parents are our biggest fans. Passionate teachers collaborate closely with their peers to implement creative and meaningful ways to challenge students academically while supporting their social-emotional growth. A low student-teacher ratio means teachers succeed in meeting student needs. A condensed weekly and yearly schedule encourages a better work-life balance for both students and staff.
Our small campus community and low student-to-teacher ratio give us advantages to mitigating risk in the year ahead. Teachers anticipate their exposure being limited to a single pod of 10-12 students in an environment conducive to physical distancing
Required: Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field, at least 3 years of classroom teaching or related experience.
Preferred: Math specialist, Master’s Degree, current teacher’s license (or equivalent); experience in progressive education school settings.
- Design and implement quality instruction that encourages students to be actively engaged in the learning process. The area of specialization will be math, but our integrated thematic curriculum model relies on a solid understanding and comfort with science and the humanities as well.
- Create and maintain a positive classroom environment with a high regard for social-emotional learning that ensures high levels of growth and engagement for all students.
- Differentiate instruction and employ a variety of progressive teaching methods to ensure optimal learning for all students and meet the needs of students with a variety of learning styles and skill levels.
- Collaborate with co-teachers to plan integrated and/or interdisciplinary units that support the instructional objectives of all curricular areas.
- Collaborate and communicate with students, parents, colleagues, and administrators to ensure a high level of learning for all students, support the home to school connection, and foster positive community relationships.
- Use AHB curriculum guidelines and assessment models to guide curriculum and instructional decisions; maintain accurate, up-to-date records and communicate results to students, parents, and appropriate others in a timely manner with regard to student progress and performance.
- Perform professional duties efficiently, manage resources effectively, and meet deadlines set by the school.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
Head of School and Executive Director
Contract, Duty, and Compensation:
Flexibility to make this a FT annual contract, or PT hourly position; school year Aug-May (33 weeks of student attendance); 4-day school week (M-Th) with option of 5th day (Friday) for additional compensation.
Please send your résumé, references, and a one-page educational philosophy that helps describe your interest in AHB Community School to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting Closing Date:
AHB is committed to workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, or gender expression.